Salt Room Session - Halotherapy
A Salt session in our tranquil Himalayan Salt Room lasts 30 minutes and cultivates an atmosphere for deep breathing and relaxation. Clients may enjoy a session in comfortable clothes and are encouraged to sit back, unwind and breathe deeply as the micro-particles of pharmaceutical grade salt are dispersed into the air, entering your airways to naturally cleanse and detoxify your lungs, sinuses and skin.
Individual Halotherapy Sessions:
• Single session | $35
member price | $28
Halotherapy Packages (single person):
• 4 sessions* | $99 ($24.75 per session)
member price | $79.20 ( $19.80 per session)
• 10 Sessions * | $220 ($22 per session)
member price | $176 ($17.6 per session)
**above packages have a 6 month expiration date**
What is Halotherapy?
Salt Therapy can be passive or active. Salt placed on the walls or on the floor creates a negative ion environment which is a passive experience. Halotherapy, however uses a device called a Halogenerator. A Halogenerator is a machine that takes pharmaceutical grade salt and grinds it up into an ultrafine powder. The process of expelling salt creates an active salt experience. This powder is so finely textured, the grains become the size of a red blood cell. It is then cast into the salt therapy environment where clients sit and relax, breathing this salt and bask in the glow of Himalayan Salt walls. As the salt descends upon their skin and is breathed in to their respiratory systems, cleansing and healing begins.
Salt Room Policies
Salt sessions are non-refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
Socks are required for all salt sessions.
Arrive 10 minutes before a session to get settled in.
Leaving a salt session early? Please tell us in advance.
We have a strict no late-entry policy if others are booked to not interrupt their experience. Late cancel charges will apply.
No food or drink is allowed in the salt rooms.
Mobile devices or tablets are not allowed in salt rooms.
We are not responsible for any items lost or stolen.
What if I am running late to a salt session?
Life happens and we get it, unfortunately if the salt session has started with others booked we cannot allow for late entry. It ruins the experience for our other guests. If no one else is in the session we can run a shorter experience for you when you arrive.
What should I expect in a salt session?
Our salt sessions last 30 minutes. Our salt room allows for halotherapy to be experienced in a group setting. Salt Therapy requires a device called a Halogenerator, which grinds salt into microscopic particles and then disperses them into a room where you relax and breathe normally. There is no need to change clothing as sessions are dry and room temperature.
Can electronics be brought into the salt rooms?
• Enjoy this time to unplug. No Phones or Devices are allowed in a salt session.
What will my experience be like in a salt session?
• You will enter a room where the walls are glowing with rich Himalayan salt. Sit back and relax in one of our lounge chairs while listening to relaxing music, meditate, or simply rest.
• The temperature and humidity in the salt room is controlled to provide an optimal experience. The glow from the salt room walls provide a tranquil atmosphere encouraging deep relaxation. After a session, you may feel a faint trace of salt on your lips along with some tingling in your nose. A slight cough, minor tightness in the chest or runny nose shows the salt is doing its work to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways.
What clothing should be worn in the salt room?
Comfortable clothing is recommended for a salt room session. Come dressed as you are or you may change into clothing that exposes areas of skin you would like to reach - sleeveless shirts, tank tops, shorts, and skirts are permitted. Socks are to be worn in the salt room at all times.
What are the conditions and ailments that can be alleviated by halotherapy?
• Stress and fatigue
• Cold/Flu Prevention
• Ear infections
• Smoker’s cough
• Snoring/Sleep Apnea
How many sessions are needed to alleviate symptoms?
• This varies widely among individuals, and the condition being treated is a big factor. Some conditions and milder symptoms will improve or dissipate within just a couple of sessions. You may have some relief after one session; however, for the best results we recommend a series of treatments.
• Those with chronic conditions most likely need to come three times a week for the first 6-8 weeks.
• Those who come for stress relief and relaxation simply come as often as they like. It can also be used as a preventative measure to strengthen the immune system against colds, cough, allergies, and sinusitis.
Is Halotherapy safe for pregnant women?
Halotherapy is a great choice for expectant women who have sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and other respiratory illnesses during their pregnancy. It is a 100% natural treatment that can alleviate symptoms and also boost the immune system. We recommend you check with your doctor before booking a salt session.
In which cases should Halotherapy be avoided?
We recommend you always check with your doctor before participating. The therapy is not recommended for individuals with the following conditions:
• Existence or suspicion of cancer
• Any kind of infectious disease
• Acute respiratory disease
• Cardiac insufficiency
• Cardiac and coronary diseases
• COPD with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
• Coughing of blood/bleeding
• Infections accompanied by fever
• High blood pressure/hypertension in IIB stage
• Any form or stage of tuberculosis
• Chronic kidney disease
• All internal diseases of decompensation
What about the concern that salt is bad for you?
Consuming too much salt is linked to high blood pressure. With salt therapy, you are inhaling a dry salt aerosol, which only enters your respiratory system not your digestion tract. The salt particles are so fine that even if you were to eat that amount it would not pose a risk to your health.
Are there any side effects?
Typically there are none. Few individuals have experienced a slight throat tickle which can be treated with gargling warm to hot water. In cases with an individual that is highly sensitive they can experience slight skin irritation or red patches; however, they go away after a few sessions. If you experience increased coughing due to mucous buildup that means the salt therapy treatment is working. This is the body’s way of draining the mucous buildup.
Do you need to stop taking medications if receiving salt therapy?
Since halotherapy is all-natural we have not found that people have had any interactive effects with medications. Often, individuals who undergo halotherapy will find that they are less dependent on certain medication and that their symptoms are less frequent and less severe. Please follow your doctor’s advice before stopping any medications.
How sterile is the salt room – could someone pick up germs?
Salt has natural antibacterial properties and restricts bacteria from growing. Our ventilation system works throughout the entire session to circulate the air in the room, exhausting used air out and clean, fresh air in. There is no recycling of air back into the salt rooms. Chairs are wiped down frequently and blankets are washed after each use.
What is so special about Himalayan salt?
Himalayan Salt is composed of ancient minerals and nutrients. The known benefits of Himalayan Salt include weight loss, detox, and balanced hormones. It’s vibrant pink color indicates that it is high in minerals and iron, contains 84 different trace minerals that are bio-identical to your body, which means that the salt is able to communicate with your body in an efficient and delicate way. Hand-mined and hand-processed in the Himalayas, this salt is minimally altered; these untainted crystals have spent thousands of years maturing under ancient lava beds.
Disclaimer: Services and claims described in this site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED FOR OR SUBSTITUTE FOR ADVICE FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.