Your First Visit
For your convenience, you may download the client intake form, facial form or wax service form. Please fill out and bring it with you on your first visit.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Denville streets have a 1-hour parking limit (Monday - Saturday, 9am-6pm). Parking Rules are strictly enforced by the Denville Police Department.
For visits longer then an hour, please park in the Municipal lot across the street off of Bloomfield Ave. The white lined spaces are free all-day parking. Yellow lined are for permit only.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
All services at The Urban Muse Day Spa are tailored to meet your needs. Upon arrival please walk through the gift store and check in at the front desk. It's helpful to arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment. This will give you time to complete your paperwork and take a few minutes to relax and unwind.
- Once you have checked in you will be escorted to one of our relaxation rooms where you will be offered complimentary tea and light refreshments. You will be asked to fill out an intake form regarding your medical history, past/present injuries or other physical conditions we should be aware of prior to your spa service.
- Your Massage Therapist or Aesthetician will meet with you for a brief consultation to understand your particular concerns. Please feel free to share any additional information not covered on your intake form or any preferences you may have. Our Spa Staff will inquire about the nature of your first visit, your current physical condition, and any specific areas in which you are experiencing pain or would like to address during your service.
Starting your Session
- Your Massage Therapist/Aesthetician will then take you to a beautiful private treatment room where a comfortable hydraulic massage table dressed with a warming blanket and cozy flannel sheets await. There is a basket in the room for you to place your personal belongings. Your Therapist will leave the room and wait outside while you disrobe to your level of comfort.
The massage/facial etiquette varies for clients. Some clients prefer to completely disrobe, while some will remain partially clothed. Either option is fine. Once disrobed, you will lie on the massage table, under the top sheet. Your Therapist will give you a few minutes for this process and will knock on the door to ask if you are ready before entering your room.
- You will always be draped with the top sheet during your service. The etiquette your Therapist will follow is to only uncover the part of the body they are working on, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
- You can expect a tranquil and comfortable environment during your service. The massage table is padded and a heating blanket is placed beneath the sheet, which you can have adjusted to your preference. There will be relaxing music playing, as well as a sound machine to add additional ambience.
Some people like to talk during a massage. Some prefer to relax without conversation. Do what feels best. We'll follow your lead.
During your Service
Before beginning the session, your therapist will ask you to alert them if, at any time during the session, a technique or stroke they are using is uncomfortable. This is your service, so please speak up if you have feedback on pressure, room temperature or lighting/sound.
Depending on your specific needs or requests, your Massage Therapist will either perform a customized full-body massage or focus on the specific parts of your body that you have requested. We have two in-house scented lotions for you to choose from, as well as unscented lotion or oil.
Before beginning the session, your Aesthetician will ask you to alert them if, at any time during the session, a technique or product they are using is causing discomfort. Feel free to please speak up if you have feedback on pressure, room temperature, steam quantity or lighting/sound. The Aesthetician will go over each step of the facial as it is performed if desired.
If you would prefer silence during your service, please let your Aesthetician know. It is our aim to make your service a truly heavenly experience.
Once your session is complete, your therapist will leave the room so you may re-dress. Your therapist will wait outside the room for you with a glass of water. Water flushes out the minerals and toxins that were released during your massage, while rehydrating your muscles and reducing potential soreness.
You will then be brought back to the relaxation room where you may enjoy some more refreshments. Otherwise we will escort you to the Spa Desk to check out – whatever your preference.
If you choose the relaxation room the therapist will depart and you are welcome to relax as long as you want, then check out whenever you are ready by going to the Spa Desk.
We have 3 steam showers our guests are welcome to use complimentary with any booked service. Please request a shower when you make your reservations. We will make every effort to accommodate your shower request time.
Please note that some services require a shower and have priority over requested showers. We appreciate your patience and understanding when this happens.